Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc. (AMDI), an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, is a for profit Aboriginal Capital Corporation delivering a range of financial and business advisory services to Alberta resident Métis and Non-Status Indians through its office in Edmonton. AMDI is currently inviting applications for a Board of Director position. Principally, the Board of Directors provides quality direction to the total affairs of the business that will ensure the development and growth of the company in products, services, markets, and financial results. Accordingly, this is a volunteer position of considerable responsibility and substance, requiring a significant time commitment. Honoraria and travel expenses are provided.
1) Should be an Alberta resident Métis or Non-Status Indian;
2) Must have a successful business and / or an understanding of business principles;
3) Must have an understanding of the social and economic challenges confronted by Métis entrepreneurs.
4) Must possess exemplary character, integrity and background;
5) Should have demonstrated leadership in a relevant field or endeavor, and have a strong entrepreneurial orientation; and
6) Must be willing to sign an oath of confidentiality and undergo external checks as may be appropriate.
Desired Skills (But not essential):
AMDI seeks a Human Resources Professional who can provide assistance to the board in areas such as change management, the assessment and compensation of the general manager, board recruitment / engagement and board self-assessments.
Interested parties should submit their résumé, together with two references and a brief note clarifying their interest, to:
Chairman, HR Committee
Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc.
#302, 12308 – 111 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5M 2N4
Or by Fax at (780) 454-5997